Historic Hanna’s Town will be open for a candlelight gathering at the Tavern, and an opportunity to preview the new holiday merchandise at the Museum Shop. We will be recreating the ambience of an 18th century evening of camaraderie and commerce, and celebrating life in Westmoreland County – then and now.
At Hanna's Tavern:
- Sample wassail made from an 18th century recipe and other beverages served from the “bar” at the Tavern.
- Enjoy savory snacks by candlelight
- Gather around the fire for conversation.
- Stroll by candlelight from the Tavern to the Shop where we’ll serve sweets – including Sally Lunn and Gingerbread with our own private labeled jams and jellies, and freshly brewed gourmet tea. Browse all our other unique gift items selected with an eye for that early American flair and a Made in America label.
The Candlelight Open House is free and open to the public.
For the holiday season, the Historic Hanna’s Town Museum Shop is open
- November 11 from 11 AM to 4 PM
- November 18 from 11 AM to 4 PM
- November 26 from 1 to 4 PM This is Museum Store Sunday!
- December 2 from 10 AM to 4 PM
- December 9 from 10 AM to 4 PM
- December 16 from Noon to 3 PM -- End of Season Sale!