Please check our hours of operation for the Westmoreland History Education Center to plan your visit. Includes the research library, museum shop, and exhibit gallery.
We are able to safely remain open because the following guidelines are implemented:
- CALLING AHEAD: Visitors are encouraged to call ahead for library (724-836-1800 x200) and guided tour reservations (724-836-1800 x210) and pre-pay admissions by phone. Visitors without reservations may have to wait for services, but they will be accommodated if there is room.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: To maintain social distancing, group sizes will be limited. Visitors, staff, and volunteers must maintain at least 6 feet from others at all times. Groups that arrive together in the same vehicle and/or of the same household group may gather together at the site.
- The Pollins Research Library and the Kendra Gallery are limited to eight (8) visitors at a time. Please call ahead to make a reservation.
- Six (6) shoppers may be in the Museum Shop at the same time. Others in their party may wait outside or in the Kendra Gallery. A clear barrier has been placed at the point-of-sales station in the Shop and will be sanitized after each shift.
- Guided tours of Historic Hanna's Town have limited capacity. Advance registration for tours recommended, particularly for groups of 10+. Please call 724-836-1800 x210.
- SANITIZING: Visitors must sanitize their hands when they begin their visit. Staff and volunteers must also practice proper hand hygiene and will be sanitizing their hands throughout the day.
- FACE COVERINGS: Visitors, staff, and volunteers must wear face coverings when inside facilities and in groups. Exceptions for medical issues and preschoolers (0-5).
Thank you for your understanding as we work together to keep our visitors, staff, and volunteers safe.
Updated: Thursday, Dec. 3