Saturday, June 22 - Sunday, June 23
Step back in time to when Hanna’s Town served as the seat of government for Westmoreland County and held the first courts west of the Allegheny Mountains. Join us for reenactments of actual court cases heard at Hanna’s Town between 1773 and 1786 along with living history presentations, military encampments and demonstrations, activities for children, live music, food, and more!
Living history includes:
- visits to Hanna's Tavern, the first Westmoreland County courthouse
- Proctor's Militia of Westmoreland County
- military encampments, drills, and artillery demonstrations
- blacksmithing, tinsmithing, and barrel making
- spinning and weaving by Applegate School of Needlepoint
- Revolutionary War medicine
- midwife and apothecary
- Native American history and culture
- 18th century church service on Sunday morning
- recollection of the burning of Hanna's Town
Live music by traditional Irish band Gallowglass and patriotic performance by singer Cathi Rhodes.
Children's activities at Frontier Kids station and new American Revolution-themed storytime.
See our new Westmoreland History Education Center!
Antiques & Sutlers Market featuring Penny River Clothing, Bushy Run Winery, Christina's Handbags, Shortbread Exchange Company, Tinsmith, and Cooper
Admission: $12 adults, $6 kids, free for children under 5
Event is in progress
LocationHistoric Hanna’s Town
Could not find route!
Weather data is currently not available for this location
Wind stec_replace_current_wind stec_replace_current_wind_units stec_replace_current_wind_direction
Humidity stec_replace_current_humidity %
Feels like stec_replace_current_feels_like °stec_replace_current_temp_units
stec_replace_min / stec_replace_max °stec_replace_temp_units
Next 24 Hours
Powered by Forecast.io