We are pleased to announce that the Westmoreland History Education Center is open!
Regular hours are as follows: Wednesdays-Saturdays, 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Sundays 12:30 – 4:30. Includes the research library, museum shop, and exhibit gallery.
Historic Hanna's Town is open for guided tours Fridays-Sundays only.
We are able to safely reopen because the following guidelines are implemented:
- CALLING AHEAD: Visitors are encouraged to call ahead for library and guided tour reservations and pre-pay admissions by phone (724-836-1800 x200). Visitors without reservations may have to wait for services, but they will be accommodated if there is room.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: To maintain social distancing, group sizes will be limited. Visitors, staff, and volunteers must maintain at least 6 feet from others at all times. Groups that arrive together in the same vehicle and/or of the same household group may gather together at the site.
- The Pollins Research Library and the Kendra Gallery are limited to eight (8) visitors at a time. Please call ahead to make a reservation.
- Guided Tours of Historic Hanna’s Town are limited to eight (8) visitors per tour. Tours begin at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. on Fridays-Saturdays and 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Sundays. Please call ahead to make a reservation.
- Six (6) shoppers may be in the Museum Shop at the same time. Others in their party may wait outside or in the Kendra Gallery. A Clear barrier has been placed at the point-of-sales station in the Shop and will be sanitized after each shift.
- TEMPERATURE CHECKS: Visitors will have their temperature checked with a no-touch thermometer when entering the Museum Shop. If someone has a fever of 100.4 or higher, (CDC Guidelines), they and their party will be politely directed to come back another time.
- ONE-WAY TRAFFIC is encouraged with guests entering the Education Center through “the Tower” and exiting down the Restroom Corridor.
- SANITIZING: Visitors must sanitize their hands when they begin their visit. Staff and volunteers must also practice proper hand hygiene and will be sanitizing their hands throughout the day.
- FACE COVERINGS: Visitors, staff, and volunteers must wear face coverings when inside facilities. Exceptions for medical issues and preschoolers (0-5).
The Antiques & Collectibles Market resumes Sunday, June 14. Please observe our Covid 19 guidelines and recommendations for this event:
- Aisles are one-way; please watch for the signs at the end of each aisle.
- Please don’t cut across vendor spaces to the other side. Stay in the aisles.
- We encourage you to wear a face mask.
- Please practice social distancing.
- All portable toilets have hand sanitizer in them.
Updated: Friday, July 24